A downloadable tool for macOS
Ephemerald is an editor for Tracery grammars. So far I have used it to create Twitter bots but I intend to keep working on developing it into a universal tool for creating text-based procedural works in different media.
What does this mean?
You write rules for how text should be generated like the below snippet that picks to heisters from a list and sends them on a heist.
The result is that the system creates variations one by one:
- Contains an introduction to Tracery
- Syntax highlighting for a people-friendly editing experience
- Auto-completion of rule names
- Bulk export of generated text
- JSON export to run source in other Tracery environments
- SVG rendering for procedural graphics
- Unity plugin available
Have fun with endless text worlds built out of grammar-lego.
Follow the development at @martinpi
Click download now to get access to the following files: